A Simple Straight Forward and totally unedited Rambling –
As I have coffee getting ready to be part of an event sponsored by Free Bikes 4 Kidz (FB4K’s) in their annual Bike Give A Way, I am struck with this rush of thoughts that has prompted this totally unedited and spontaneous Rambling.
Over the years I have always attempted to do my best to appreciate the kindness of others and use two words that say a lot, yet often are said too casually and without realizing the depth and their significance…THANK YOU!
I am struck by the depth of what these two words really entail…KINDNESS, GRACE, APPRECATION and CARE. These two words not only express an appreciation for someone else’s acts and behavior, it also creates a BRAND of who I am and what is in my heart and the foundation of who I am , how I look and behave in embracing life and the future. JOY is a wonderful term for the byproduct of kindness and the words THANK YOU! JOY not just for myself, but for those around me and whom are the recipient of this simple jester of thanks.
I said recently, “Do not just listen to my words, but watch how I act”. It’s the actions of others that convey the Brand of a person not the eloquence of their words. Don’t get me wrong, I am far from perfect; I have bruised my Brand, who has not on occasion? What is critical is what happens next and do I care enough to change…the answer is YES!
As I reflect on a dear friend who had a stroke and courageously and resiliently is battling to get back to a new normal, I have been struck, by my almost daily visits, the preciousness of life and how critical it is to focus on the future, learn from the past, embrace the greatness of life previously had and look forward to what lies ahead.
The past creates a foundation of wonder and blessings, yet letting the past hinder the greatness of friends, life, relationships and the wonders that lie ahead of us is a great loss and not honoring the great gifts that God has given us and cheating ourselves.
Let’s give THANKS and SAY THANK YOU from the heart and take the future on with gusto, wonder and grace…just few of my many THANK YOU’s;
• THANK YOU for my Past as I will embrace it with joy and loving memories
• THANK YOU for my strength to embrace my future journey and let my past support me, but not hinder me
• THANK YOU for the gifts that my father gave me and continues despite his death 15 years ago to embrace and take on my future with excitement, fear, trepidation and wonder
• THANK YOU for my feeling heart that gave me love and the wonders that love gave me and enabling me to love again
• THANK YOU for my mind that I take for granted as so many struggle with illness that I do not fully understand
• THANK YOU for my feelings and my sensitivity to those around me
• THANK YOU for blessings as my issues are so minor when I see what others are dealing
• THANK YOU for my ability to run, walk and feed myself as so many I see as I walk the halls of Sister Kenny watch me with desire
• THANK YOU for those in my life that have come and gone as I have gained from all who have touched my heart and soul
• THANK YOU for the passion to live for the future and not handicapped by the past as there is so much to live for and experience
• THANK YOU for today as tomorrow is not guaranteed
• THANK YOU for my desire to continue to grow, improve who I am
• THANK YOU for allowing God to touch my heart and soul and allowing faith to guide me
• THANK YOU for my parents who helped me understand the value of GRACE and KINDNESS
WHAT ARE YOURS????